low fat cream
Viewed 7187 times
Also known As
A reasonable alternative to full fat cream is the lighter low fat version. The only difference being a reduced calorie count while the taste, texture and colour remain mostly the same. When milk fat or the cream layer is processed, a sour cream made up of oil, fat and emulsifying ingredients is produced. Low fat cream is not as good as full fat cream when it comes to whipping, as it takes longer for soft peaks to form, but it is stable at room temperature, retaining its flavour and most importantly, its ability to melt into a thick white tangy puddle in your mouth.
How to Select
• It is easily available in almost all grocery outlets.
• The fat percentage is important, so always check for that before buying. If you're not sure please ask for the low fat one.
• It is generally available in laminated plastic tetra packs.
• Low fat cream is mostly used in creating cakes and confectionaries.
• Replace full fat cream with low fat in any recipe as per your choice.
• From rich Punjabi subzis and gravies to simple soups and sauces, this low fat wonder can be substituted for its richer counterpart.
How to Store
• Store it in a cool dry place, preferably in a refrigerator to avoid spoilage or mould formation.
• Use it as soon as you open it. You can deep freeze the container once opened.
• Low fat cream is rich in vitamin A and D, both of which are required for the growth and maintenance of skin and tissue formation.
• Diabetics and those with health foremost on their mind can use this as an occasional indulgence substitute.
• Reducing the amount of fat in your diet helps control weight and get rid of all weight related problems.
• Consumption of low-fat cream helps restrict the percentage of fat intake considerably, mainly saturated fats present in whole milk.
• The proteins present in low fat cream are untouched during its processing, making it a biological protein source of high value.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.