Viewed 1772 times
Khus syrup is mde by adding khus essence to sugar, water and citric acid syrup. Khus Essence is a dark green thick syrup made from the roots of khus grass or vetivar grass. It has a woodsy taste and a scent prominent to khus.
How to Select
You can get it easily in almost all food shops, which contain syrups, essences and jams, jellies. It is available under different brands, produced commercially by many private companies such as Manama, Mapro,etc. The packaging size varies and the container is generally a plastic bottle. There are chances that it may not contain the real extract of khus grass and artificial flavoring might be added. Always check the date of packaging before buying.
· It is a great refreshing drink when mixed with chilled water ans sipped.
· It has a wide use in milkshakes and ice creams.
· Just mix it gently in soda and ice cubes, with lime squeezed in to make a cool welcome drink Khus Lime Soda.
· it can also be used in mock tails such as Shirley Temple. Mix Khus syrup and lime juice in a tall glass. Pour Canada dry over it. Garnish with lime slices or cherries.
· Use it as a topping on desserts.
How to Store
Since it has a sugar syrup base, it s shelf life is long. You can store it at room temperature for more than a year. Once you open the seal, it would be preferable to store it under refrigeration. Its freshness and flavor will last for around 11/2 to 2 years.
· It is proven that khus has a calming effect on the body as well as mind and can relieve one from stress, specially in warm summers.
· You can make a cool drink by adding to chill water and relieve from Dehydration.