instant tomato soup powder
Viewed 3168 times
Soup Concentrate/Powder as we know or understand today originated in the form of condensed soup - a canned variety of soup prepared with a reduced proportion of water. The consumer was required to add water or milk and the mixture is heated. Instant Tomato Soup powder refers to tomato concentrate that are available in dry mix form, ready to be served by adding hot water or boiling for 5 minutes. Stirring continuously is needed to avoid lump formation.It has a perfect blend of salt, spices and thickening agents.
How to select
Select the soup powder with minimum added colors and flavorings. Check the expiry date and feel the pouch for any trace of lumping.
· Instant soup powders make for delicious comfort foods. You may season your tomato soup to perfection with ground coriander seed, white pepper, red chili, onion and garlic.
· Many toppings can also be used, such as sour cream, shredded cheese, crackers, or salsa.
· Add fiber and protein to your tomato soup by adding sprouts, vegetables, mushroom or chicken
· Tomato soup serves as a base stock for a variety of noodle soups, pepper soups or even fish soups.
How to store
A sealed pack of instant tomato soup has a long shelf life. As long as they are unopened, they will keep in the pantry for up to a year. Once a pack is opened, the leftover mix should be stored in the refrigerator.
· There are many important health and nutritional reasons to reach for a bowl of delicious tomato soup - they provide vitamins, antioxidants and if vegetables are added, can help add fibre to the diet too.
· Tomato soup is a good source of vitamin A, Bs, C and the powerful antioxidant called lycopene.
· Tomato Soups are also a great way to increase fluid intakes over the colder winter months when it is less appealing to drink cold water.
· The great news is soup is not only a good way to boost your intake of nutrients but it fits perfectly within a healthy balanced diet too. A bowl or mug of tomato soup with a couple of slices of wholegrain toast is meal generally low in fat.