Viewed 74792 times
In most Indian cooking, the use of fresh ginger and garlic is indispensable. Either in the fresh whole form or in the paste form, a lot of dishes call for it .For plain Ginger Garlic paste grind the ginger and garlic to form a fine paste. The key is to use equal amounts of fresh Ginger and Garlic…doesn't matter which unit of measure you use .You may add also salt, green chillies or lime juice and pound in a mortar and pestle till a coarse paste is got. Or use a small wet grinder, but do not use water. The Vinegar acts as a preservative and the small amount doesn't alter the fresh taste of the paste .Every kitchen in India might have container of ginger-garlic paste stored in their kitchen.
How to select
To prepare the paste at home, select the ginger and garlic which are sturdy and which do not appear wilted, and you should also check for mold and mildew on them. Check the best before date before buying packaged/bottled pastes.
· Ginger garlic paste is is one of the most essential ingredients in Indian cuisines. It is added to almost all of the Non-vegetarian preperations and a few vegetarian dishes in Hyderabadi cuisine.
· It is often paired with onion, tomato, or green chillies in gravy preparations.
· It is often used in rice preparation slike biryanis,pulao and curries like chana masala, matar paneer, etc.
How to store
Store ginger garlic paste in a plastic or glass bottle and keep it in the refrigerator. You can also make Ginger-Garlic paste in very large amounts and store it in the freezer in small plastic boxes. Keep a box in the refrigerator and as it finishes, I take out one of the boxes from the freezer compartment and again keep it in the refrigerator, where they thaw and are ready to be used again.
· Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol and thin the blood, which helps prevent stroke, high blood pressure and heart disease. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system.
· It blocks the growth of cancer cells; therefore, people who eat garlic tend to develop less stomach and colon cancers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.