dried fenugreek leaves
Viewed 59523 times
Also Known as
Kasuri Methi refers to dried leaves of the fenugreek plant. It is an herb with a bitter but addictive taste. Used as a spice in Indian curries, its strong aroma and distinctive flavour fascinate the taste buds!
How to Select
• You can prepare kasuri methi at home. To do this, sort the fenugreek leaves to remove rotten ones, then wash and pat dry the good leaves. Allow to dry in the sun for a few weeks, till all the moisture is gone.
• It is also readily available in the market. Choose a reliable brand, so ensure purity.
• Check the seal of the package, and the use-by date.
• Buy in small quantities, as the aroma will reduce if stored for too long.
• Kasuri Methi is generally used as a condiment for flavouring various curries and subzis.
• It combines well with starchy or root vegetables like carrots, yams and potatoes.
• Add to whole wheat dough to make flavourful rotis and parathas.
• Add a teaspoon of dried fenugreek leaves to curries, as a spice, along with tomatoes.
• It is used popularly in handi recipes.
• It can also be roasted and crushed before adding to subzis, to enhance the flavour and aroma.
How to Store
• If kept refrigerated in an airtight jar, it can stay up to 6 months.
• Keep away from moisture.
• If consumed twice a day, it cleans the intestines and directs the waste out of the body naturally.
• It is an appetizer, relieves constipation, and reduces colic.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.