Viewed 5186 times
Dijon mustard is refined version of mustard and has its origin in Dijon. Traditionally mustard is made from mustard seeds and vinegar. But a man named Jean Naigeoan substituted vinegar with acidic green juice called verjuice. The Dijon mustard must be produced only with brown or black mustard seeds, or a combination of the two, and verjuice, wine or vinegar. Mustards from Dijon today generally contain both white and burgundy wine. No artificial colours or fillers or additives are added to Dijon mustard. It has pungent flavour than regular yellow mustard.
How to select
Dijon mustard is available in select specialty stores and super markets. They are available in small bottles and squeeze bottles. Ensure the bottles are not cracked and properly sealed. Check packaging details before purchasing. There are wide varieties of brands to select from- so choose as required.
· Dijon mustard is a table condiment for meat and can can also be used to marinate chicken, fish and pork.
· It is also key ingredient in mayonnaise, barbecue sauce.
· It is also used as base for salad dressing combined with olive oil.
· It is used as emulsifier to stabiles mixture of 2 or more unblendable liquids.
· Dijon mustard can be flavoured with honey etc and used in salads, fritters etc.
· Dijon mustard is also used to spice up burgers and wraps.
How to store
Dijon mustard comes in air-tight bottles or squeeze tubes. Once it is used, tightly close the lid of bottles and tubes. Storing it for long time can separate the water from mustard that can be corrected by shaking or stirring. Always refrigerate the mustard container tightly closed, or else it will turn bitter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.