crescent roll dough
Viewed 2022 times
Crescent rolls are crescent-shaped flaky rolls made with refined flour and usually with cream or fruit fillings. Some believe that crescent shaped breads and cakes imitating the often-worshipped moon have been made since time immemorial. In any case, they are pleasant to behold!
Making crescent rolls by hand requires skill and patience; a batch of crescents can take several days to complete. However, with the availability of factory-made, frozen, pre-formed but unbaked dough, even unskilled folks can easily make them nowadays. There are different brands like Pillsbury that sell ready-to-bake crescent roll dough in different flavours. You would just need to press a few fresh herbs into the dough, roll up the crescents, brush with egg and bake. You may innovate and add nuts, coconut or chocolate fillings as per your choice.
Crescent rolls are also the starting point for plump, homemade Danish rolls with cream-cheese filling. They are also used in various recipes ranging from appetizers and casseroles to desserts.
How to select
• Check the expiry date before buying the dough.
• Always buy from stores that store the dough packets in the refrigerated section.
• Crescent roll dough is used to prepare crescent rolls or croissants.
• The crescent rolls can also be wrapped around any praline, almond paste or chocolate before it is baked (in the latter case, it becomes like pain au chocolat, which has a different, non-crescent, shape), or sliced to admit sweet or savoury fillings.
• The warm rolls may be filled with ham and cheese or feta cheese and spinach.
• Crescent rolls are commonly served alongside coffee as a breakfast.
How to store
The crescent roll dough should be refrigerated and used within a week.
• Crescent rolls are a quick source of carbohydrate, thus keeping hunger away.
• Rolls made with whole wheat or oats are a rich source of B-complex vitamins and dietary fibre.
• Since these rolls are high in sugar and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.