Small square cheese cubes picked up with tooth-picks - you go on and on with friends. Cheese is made from cow, sheep, or goat milk, and sometimes a combination of the three. When turned into cheese, the flavors of all three milks vary greatly. In general terms, cow's milk can be described as earthy, sheep's milk as fruity and nutty, and goat's milk as tangy and grassy. However, cheese cubes are very tasty and delicious, whole or when added to any food item. Not only is cheese a nutritious food, it is one of the most prized and enjoyed foods in the world.
Grated cheese cubes
Palce the grater on a plate and grate the cheese cubes to get either finely grated or thickly grated cheese as per recipe requirements.
How to Select
Shaped square cubes are easily available. Choose from the brands available in the market - Small or Large packet as desired. Confirm on freshness by checking the manufacturing as well as expiry dates. Be sure to always respect the "best before" date.
· If your recipe calls for grated cheese, use cheese cubes that have a firm texture suitable for grating. It will be easier to grate if it is cold, right out of the refrigerator, rather than if it has been at room temperature for a while.
· Cheese Cubes makes a delightful pairing with fruits such as apples, pears and melons. Serve as appetizer or dessert.
· Cheese cube is easier to grate, crumble and slice when refrigerated; if you want to mash or spread it, bring it to room temperature.
· Nuts, whether mixed, spiced, smoked, or plain, are a great textural counterpoint to a cheese plate.
· Cheese cubes are often used to make Sauce or Fondue very popular; it's fun, easy and sure to please. It gives a rich and aromatic taste to soups, best paired with broccoli.
How to Store
Cheese Cubes are best refrigerated in the compartment or crisper where the humidity prevents it from drying out. Always keep cheese cube protected in a sealed container or carefully wrap it in a wax paper covered by aluminum foil. Place these cubes in an airtight container hence away from strong-smelling foods, as they easily absorb odours. Proper storage prolongs the life of your cheese. Mould and discoloration usually occur on cheese, cut away the affected area and melt the rest in a cheese sauce or other recipe. Buy a little bit, and buy often. The home refrigerator is not a friendly environment for cheese; the less time it spends in there, the better
· Cheese is known to protect against dental caries and are known as anticariogenic, in fact cheese is considered to be one of the most anticariogenic of all foods.
· Cheese has particularly low lactose content compared with other dairy foods. A good option for people who are Lactose Intolerant
· Cheese is a naturally rich source of many nutrients including calcium, phosphorous, protein, fat soluble vitamins and B vitamins.
Grated cheese cubes