Viewed 14737 times
Also Known as
Indian Gooseberry juice, amalaka juice, amala juice, amlaki juice
Amla gets its name from the Sanskrit word Amalika, which means sour juice of a fruit. Pale green like Chinese Jade, these lime-sized, round shaped fruits are fibrous powerhouses of Vitamin C, prized through the ages for its intense medical properties of healing and wellness.
Amla tastes terribly sour due to the high content of Vitamin C (it contains 30 times the Vitamin C of an orange), but it compensates by leaving a sweet aftertaste on the palate. The fresh fruit, roughly about 3 to 4 amlas can be cut into rough sized pieces and blended to a smooth pulp, the juice of which can be strained and drunk with a dash of honey.
How to select
Amla juice is best had naturally, but for the time-pressed, purchase fresh amla juice which is clear and is packaged in food quality tetra packs or food quality packaged bottles.
• Drinking amla juice 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before dinner will increase its rate of absorption into your body and ultimately boost your health.
• As an additive, the juice can be added to mocktails or cocktails for an added twist in flavour and taste. Not to mention, health.
How to Store
• Commercially packed amla juice is best stored within the refrigerator. Once opened, it must be consumed within a few days. During storage the juice must be sealed completely.
• Amla is the richest natural source of Vitamin C. From your hair to your heart, from your metabolism to keeping you young and healthy, amla with its minerals and amino acids is the very best all-round health pill by nature.
• Having it in the form of a juice is the best way for your body to absorb the nutrients it has to offer. 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before dinner.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.