Cream of Spinach Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 12039 times
This soup is very popular in all Indian restaurants. The color and the creaminess is surely going to be loved by all. It is very easy and requires very few ingredients to make this wonderful soup. So go ahead and try making this soup !
Recipe Description for Cream Of Spinach Soup ( Soup)
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Strain the purée with help of a sieve and transfer it to a kadhai.
- Combine the cornflour-milk mixture and the cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain and add it to the spinach purée and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.