Chilli Cheese Toast Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 92350 times
The use of two varieties of cheese in just the right proportions and a sprinkling of mustard powder along with the chilli flakes makes this version of Chilli Cheese Toast very special. Adding a little milk to the cheese ensures it coats the bread well and doesn’t dry up while baking. However, make sure you serve this baked Chilli Cheese Toast as soon as you prepare it, to relish its fresh flavour, strong aroma of toasted spices and ideal texture.
Recipe Description for Chilli Cheese Toast ( Baked )
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Baking Temperature: 200°C (400 °F)
Makes 8 toasts
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice and grill them lightly in a pre-heated oven at 200oc (400 of) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the bread turns brown and crisp on top. Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the mozzarella cheese, processed cheese and milk and mix well.
- Add the salt, mustard powder, chilli flakes and green chillies, mix well and keep aside.
- Place 1 slice of toasted bread on a flat dry surface with the browned side facing down
- Apply 1/4th of the prepared topping on the toasted bread and spread it evenly using a butter knife.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more toasts.
- Grill in a pre-heated oven at 200oc (400 of) for 8 to 10 minutes, till they turn golden brown in colour on top.
- Cut each chilli cheese toast diagonally into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.