Cheesy Baked Rice with Vegetables Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 15842 times
This cheesy baked rice is surely a big hit for parties. . Rice cooked in butter gives a very nice taste and aroma to this recipe. . Vegetables with rice and cheese baked to perfection is definately a filling meal.
Recipe Description for Cheesy Baked Rice with Vegetables
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the rice, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Mash the butter-rice mixture using a potato masher and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- And the green chillies and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Just before serving, put the prepared butter-rice mixture at the bottom of a 150 mm. (6”) baking dish, and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the vegetable sauce on top and spread it evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f). For 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Before layering and baking, if the rice and the vegetable sauce is a little dry, add 2 tbsp of milk to it and mix well.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.