Chana Dal Seekh Kebab Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 16175 times
Vegetarians don't have to miss out on kebabs. These delicious and healthy chana dal seekh kebabs are as succulent as their non-vegetarian version!
Recipe Description for Chana Dal Seekh Kebabs
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the chana dal and sauté on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly and grind the chana dal to a powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan, add the cabbage and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bananas, green chillies and mint leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the chana dal powder, banana paste, salt, dry ginger powder, chaat masala and garam masala and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into 75 mm. (3") oval kebabs.
- Heat a greased non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame and cook the kebabs using a little oil till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the kebabs and serve immediately with green chutney.
- You could use greased unsharpened pencils instead of skewers and cook the kebabs on a tava (griddle) if you do not have a barbeque.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.