Carrot and Spinach Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 14825 times
Picture a basketful of carrots and spinach. How vibrantly colourful it looks! Indeed, this sumptuous soup reflects the same freshness. The complementary flavours of carrots and spinach, perked up further with ingredients like onions and pepper make this soup a great hit. The method of adding some of the ingredients like onions and spinach in sautéed form rather than blending everything gives the Carrot and Spinach Soup a nice mouth-feel too.
Recipe Description for Carrot and Spinach Soup ( Home Remedies)
- Combine the carrot, potatoes, roughly chopped onions and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the finely chopped onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared carrot-potato mixture and approx. ¼ of cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.