Aloo Mutter Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 34975 times
Aloo Mutter is one of the most popular north Indian subzis, loved by Indians across the globe. In this easy version, a salsa-like gravy of tomatoes, onions, ginger and green chillies cooked along with aromatic spice powders houses the ever popular combo of potatoes and green peas. Serve it piping hot with rotis or puris.
Recipe Description for Aloo Mutter ( Swadisht Subzian Recipe)
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they are translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger,green chilli paste and tomatoes and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked. Mash lightly using a potato masher and add 1 tbsp water.
- Add the green peas,potatoes, salt,chilli powder, garam masala and and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow it to come to a boil.
- Mash 2 to 3 pieces of potatoes in the pan to thicken the gravy. Simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot with rotis or parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.