Zucchini and Yellow Pepper Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 395 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19785 times
Zucchini and yellow pepper sautéed with a combination of spices and herbs forms a great topping for French bread coated with Mayo spread comprising mayonnaise, parsley and chilli sauce. The interplay of flavours is fantastic but the blend of textures is even more exhilarating, with crisp bread, crunchy veggies and a smooth spread clamoring for attention in each bite of the Zucchini and Yellow Pepper Toast.
- Arrange the bread slices on a greased baking tray. Brush all the bread slices with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes or till they are crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the zucchini and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the mayo spread into 8 equal portions.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a flat dry surface, apply 1 portion of the mayo spread evenly on each toasted bread slice and spread 1 portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.