Zucchini and Brinjal Bake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9671 times
Zucchini and brinjal sautéed with garlic and layered with a tangy tomato sauce, this delectable baked dish acquires a velvety appearance as it is topped with cheese.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add 2 tsp of garlic and sauté for ½ a minute.
- Add the zucchini and salt and sauté till half done. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in the same pan, add the remaining 2 tsp garlic and sauté for ½ minute.
- Add the brinjal and salt and sauté till half done. Remove and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Arrange the zucchini on the bottom of a greased baking dish and pour half the sauce on top.
- Arrange the brinjal as a second layer and pour the remaining tomato sauce on it.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.