Zero Oil Stuffed Onion Cups
by Rehana Khambaty
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3856 times
Delicious zero oil snack which can also be had as a complete meal!
- Soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup water for half an hour. Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Peel the onions, cut off the roots and top and boil the onions gently for 10 minutes.
- For the stuffing mixture, combine the rice, soya, one tomato, pine nuts, garam masala , turmeric, parsley, tomato puree, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Separate the outer layer of the onions from the smaller central layer and discard the latter.
- Stuff the onion shells with the stuffing mixture.
- Place the onion closely together in a non-stick pan and keep aside.
- Combine the tamarind liquid, sugar, remaining tomatoes and 1/2 cup water, mix well and pour over the onions.
- Cover the onions with a plate to keep them place tightly and simmer very gently for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with the pan liquid or tomato sauce and rice.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 27 Feb 2012Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.