Yellow Moong Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15769 times
Truly unique, this Yellow Moong Toast is sure to become a hot favourite with anybody who tastes it. Bread is topped with a lip-smacking mixture of mashed potatoes and moong dal paste spiced up with myriad peppy ingredients, and deep-fried in oil till really crisp and golden brown in colour. This appetizing snack has a very pleasing texture that is thoroughly crisp outside and slightly spongy inside. Serve it with tongue-tickling accompaniments like Tabasco sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Combine the drained moong dal along with approx. 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the potatoes, cornflour, coriander, garlic, soya sauce, sugar, green chilli paste, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Place a bread slice on a flat surface and spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and slide the toast in it with the topping side facing downwards and deep-fry the toast on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 11 more toasts.
- Cut each toast diagonally into 2 and serve immediately with tobacco sauce or tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.