Yellow Moong Dal Khandvi
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10850 times
Moong dal khandvi. . . A delicious starter made with split yellow gram and curds and tempered with sesame seeds and mustard seeds.
- Drain and blend the moong dal in a mixer into a smooth paste, using a tbsp of water.
- Combine the moong dal paste, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high 7 minutes, stirring in between after every 2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the back of three 200 mm. (8") diameter thalis and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Cut the khandvi into 50 mm. (2") thick strips and carefully roll up each strip.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and pour on top of the prepared khandvis.
- Serve, garnished with the coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.