Yam and Potato Rosti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 225 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8906 times
An Indianized version of the famous Swiss Dish.
- Peel and grate the purple yam and potatoes.
- Add the green chillies, peanuts, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide this mixture into 4 portions.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds to it.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, spread one portion of the potato mixture on the pan.
- Cook on both sides on a slow flame until crisp and brown.
- Repeat with the remaining oil, cumin seeds and the mixture.
- Serve hot with yoghurt dip.
- Fry one side of the rosti till it crisp and brown, then loosen around the edges with a knife and carefully overturn it using a flat spoon.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.