Wholesome Khichdi ( Acidity)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15740 times
Simple to make, this khichadi is balanced in itself as is made with rice, dal, and lots of vegetables. Relish it with hot kadhi or plain fresh curds.
- Clean and wash the rice and moong dal together. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida, peppercorns, bayleaf and cloves.
- Add the bottle gourd and carrots and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the rice, moong dal, turmeric powder, salt and 4½ cups of hot water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- When done, whisk the khichdi to combine the rice and dal together.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.