Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Vegetables in Almond Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12517 times
Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Vegetables in Almond Sauce is a truly attractive dish replete with colourful and crunchy veggies, a luscious almond sauce and of course, whole wheat spaghetti. We have avoided pasta made from refined flour and used a limited quantity of whole wheat spaghetti instead, to make this dish as nutritious as can be for the mother-to-be!
Use your discretion to toss in as many scrumptious veggies as you wish to, as these not only make the dish attractive and tasty but also provide you enough fibre and antioxidants. The almonds make this delicacy rich in vitamin E, while a little amount of cheese adds calcium to create a thoroughly satisfying meal. When you yearn for pasta during pregnancy, try having this mouth-watering creation, occasionally and in limited serving size.
Click here for more nutritious recipes for pregnancy .
- Combine the almonds and enough hot water in a deep bowl and keep aside to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain well and peel the almonds. Blend them in a mixer using ½ cup of milk till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the almond-milk paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spaghetti, cheese, remaining ¼ cup of milk, chilli flakes, salt and pepper powder, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 182 kcal|
|Protein|| 6.1 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 14.5 gm|
|Fat|| 9.3 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 581.9 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 15.7 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.