Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Spinach Dumplings in Pumpkin Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9648 times
The steamed spinach dumplings are usually served in a rich cheese sauce, almond sauce or butter sauce. For a healthy combination, this has been substituted with a low cal, yet creamy pumpkin sauce. Make sure to add all the dumplings and the sauce to the whole wheat spaghetti just before serving.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and thyme and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the red pumpkin, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the red pumpkin is tender. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back to the same pan, add milk, chilli flakes and salt and mix well.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and shape them into round balls in between your palms.
- Steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Just before serving, reheat the pumpkin sauce and add the whole wheat spaghetti. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon out the spaghetti with the pumpkin sauce into a serving dish, place the spinach dumplings on top and serve immediately.
- The pumpkin sauce can be substituted with low calorie white sauce, if you so desire.
Nutrient values per serving
| 217 gm|| 90 calories|| 5.6 gm|| 14.3 gm|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.