Whole Wheat Corn Flake Rolls ( Delicious Diabetic Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17455 times
Extremely simple and nourishing - all the three ingredients i. e. Corn flakes, whole wheat flour and wheat bran used in these rolls are rich in fibre and corn flakes also contribute to its iron content. Soft yet crunchy these delightful rolls are best if served warm as an accompaniment to your favourite salad or soup. I've used 1 teaspoon of sugar in this recipe, as it is required for the yeast to ferment which is not possible with the use of sugar substitute.
- Combine all the ingredients except the corn flakes and knead into a soft dough using water.
- Knead the dough till it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp muslin and keep aside (to prove) approx. 20 to 30 minutes till it doubles in volume. Press tightly to release the air.
- Add the corn flakes to the "proved" dough and knead again till it is well mixed.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and roll out each portion in the shaped dinner rolls. Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and allow to "prove" once more till the rolls double in volume.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If using dry yeast, ensure to use a fresh packet.
Nutrient values per roll
|Amt|| 37 gm|
|Energy|| 131 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.4 gm|
|Cho|| 23.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.0 gm|
|Vit-A|| 19.1 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 0.0 mg|
|Calcium|| 20.3 mg|
|Iron|| 2.3 mg|
|F.Acid|| 25.1 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.