Whole Wheat Bread Sticks ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24595 times
Teething is a difficult time for both your baby and you. Baby's gums will feel raw and irritable and she will want to chew on firm or hard things to ease her discomfort. Crispy whole wheat bread sticks soothe sore gums and also encourage baby to "hold" her food and chew on it. The whole wheat flour and sesame seeds contribute calcium and iron in your little one's diet. Make a lot of these and store them in an air-tight container.
- Combine all the ingredients except the butter and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Add the butter and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 25 to 30 minutes till the dough proves and is double in volume.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll out each portion into a 100 mm. X 125 mm. (4" x 5") sheet of 6 mm. (¼") thickness.
- Cut each sheet into 6 mm. (¼") wide strips and separate them. Roll them individually so that they are circular and have no rough edges which can hurt baby's gums.
- Place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 140ºc (285ºf) for 40 minutes or till the bread sticks are crisp and golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- The water should be warm so that the yeast gets activated. If the water is hot, it will kill the yeast instead of activating it.
Nutrient values per bread stick
| 3 gm|| 12 kcal|| 0.4 gm|| 2.0 gm|| 0.3 gm|| 3.9 mcg|| 0.0 mg|| 5.9 mg|| 0.2 mg|| 1.3 mcg|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.