Whole Wheat Bread ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36311 times
Most children love to nibble on bread for a snack. Though it is easily available in the market, it is fun to make your own healthy version using whole wheat flour when time permits. For a more nourishing snack make a sandwich using fresh vegetables.
- Sieve the flour. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar and a little warm water.
- Wait for at least 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbles surface. Add the butter and salt.
- Knead into a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead well till the dough in smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 20 minutes).
- Knead again, shape into a loaf and place it in a greased loaf tin.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and allow it to prove again till it doubles in volume.
- Sprinkle some water over the loaf tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 150°c (300°f) and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into slices. Use as required.
Nutrient values per slice
| 21 gm|| 69 kcal|| 2.4 gm|| 13.7 gm || 0.5 gm|| 13.0 mcg|| 0.0 mg|| 9.3 mg|| 1.0 mg|| 6.9 mcg|| 0.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.