by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18327 times
Indian cuisine offers a range of gravies, from tangy tomato based ones to rich Moghlai ones. Of these, the White Gravy is one of the richest, with a base of onion and cashews, perked up with spices and loaded with curds and cream. Semi-sweet yet aromatic, this gravy can be combined with ingredients like sweet corn, fruits and koftas.
- Cut the onions into big pieces.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and boil. When cooked, add the cashewnut pieces, garlic and ginger. Remove and make a paste.
- Heat the ghee and add the cardamoms, cloves and bay leaf and stir for 1/2 minute. Add the onion-ginger paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and fry for a while. Remove from the heat.
- Add the curds. Mix well and cook for 1/2 minute, stirring continuously. Add the cream and salt.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.