White Chocolate Mousse with Strawberry Sauce ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20157 times
Here is another interesting mousse that employs white chocolate. The specialty of this recipe is that it sets on its own, without any need for agar-agar. It is made with simple and easily available ingredients, making it ideal for any occasion. Fresh strawberry sauce tastes best, but when the fruit is not in season you can use strawberry crush; however, omit the sugar in that case to avoid over-sweetness.
- Combine the strawberries, cornflour-water mixture and sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool. Keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain and strain it using a strainer.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and mix gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and sugar and again mix gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the chocolate mousse into 4 individual glasses and level it using a flat spoon.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the strawberry sauce over the prepared white chocolate mousse in each of the individual glasses.
- Place a dollop of beaten whipped cream in the centre of each of the glass and place a strawberry halve over it.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours. Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.