Wheat Dosa, Godhuma Dosa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24984 times
These deliciously soft dosas made with whole wheat flour and urad dal flour are also convenient to make because the batter does not require a long fermentation. Just mix the ingredients, temper it traditionally, let it rest for half an hour, and you are ready to cook the dosas.
Since the Wheat Dosa (Godhuma Dosa) replaces high glycemic index rice with whole wheat flour, it is diabetic friendly. Serve these dosas immediately on preparation, as they tend to get chewy over time. Also, these dosas will be soft and not crisp as they are made of whole wheat flour.
Wheat Dosa and a glass of Apple Cinnamon Soya Shake makes a filling diabetic-friendly breakfast.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, urad dal flour, salt and approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Cover it with a lid and keep aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds. Pour this tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear ? tsp of oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Energy|| 47 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.8 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.1 gm|
|Fat|| 0.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.