Walnut Ganache Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 265 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11465 times
Ganache, in french, refers to a smooth mixture of chocolate and thick cream. The walnut ganache cookie is a lip-smacking preparation of butter cookies layered with rich ganache. One interesting twist to this preparation is the addition of walnut to the chocolate ganache, providing an aesthetic blend of sweet and nutty flavours.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water and knead gently into a firm dough.
- Refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a square of 150 mm. X 150 mm. (6" x 6") and 5 mm. (1/5") in thickness.
- Cut the rolled dough into 3 strips of 50 mm. (2") width. Keep aside.
- Place one cookie dough strip on a dry surface and spread a layer of the walnut ganache on top.
- Top with the second cookie dough strip and spread another layer of the walnut ganache.
- Top with the third cookie dough strip.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes till the layers are firm.
- Cut horizontally into slices of 12 mm. (1/2") thickness and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in air-tight containers.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and melt over gentle heat to get a smooth mixture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.