Walnut, Apple and Fig Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8524 times
Aromatic cinnamon rolls, baked with a topping of fig, walnuts and apples... honestly, you can never refuse such a tempting offering! Indeed, the Wanut, Apple and Fig Pizza is a unique and irresistible creation that will please young and old alike. Perfect to serve with a cup of hot coffee! A bit of the topping might ooze to the sides when you bake it, but worry not, the drizzled look makes it all the appealing.
- Combine the plain flour, powdered sugar and cinnamon powder in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour using your fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Knead it into a firm dough adding 1 tbsp of cold water and roll it into a 150 mm (6") diameter circle.
- Prick the crust with a fork at regular intervals and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°f (360°f) for 10 minutes. Remove the half baked crust from the oven and place it on a clean, dry surface.
- Combine the figs in enough warm water for 10 minutes, drain and chop them finely and transfer them into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread the topping evenly over the half-baked crust and bake in a preheated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or till the base is crisp
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and cut into wedges
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.