Veggie Stuffed Tortillas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41102 times
Wheat flour replaces maize flour in this healthier version of tortillas, making it more suited for people with high blood sugar. Stuff this mexican staple with lots of crunchy vegetables to make a balanced snack with enough vitamin c to fight against free radicals and prevent diabetes-related complications.
- Mix the flours, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well, cover with a wet cloth and keep aside for ½ an hour. Knead again and divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out the each portion into thin rounds of 100 mm (5") diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook lightly on a non-stick pan and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on a high flame, add the vegetables and bean sprouts and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the paneer, soya sauce, ginger juice, chilli-garlic paste, chillies in vinegar and salt and toss well.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat dry surface and spread 1 portion of the stuffing on it.
- Fold into a semi-circle and serve immediately.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and stuffing to make 5 more veggie stuffed tortillas.
Nutrient values per tortilla
| 137 kcal|| 6.9 gm|| 20.8 gm|| 2.9 gm|| 17.8 mg|| 147.2 mg|| 1.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.