Veggie Stuffed Quesadillas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58864 times
An all-time favourite Mexican snack prepared with mild twists that make it acceptable as an occasional treat for diabetics. The tortillas in this recipe are made with whole wheat flour instead of maida and are stuffed with a delectably flavoured mixture of sautéed veggies and low-fat paneer.
The grated low-fat paneer gives a nice texture to the stuffing, making it soft and succulent enough so you do not notice the absence of cheese. With loads of fibre-rich veggies and no refined flour or cheese, the Veggie Stuffed Quesadillas make a delicious snack for diabetics.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic paste, green chilli paste and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place 1 portion of the veggie stuffing on one half of the tortilla, fold it over to make a semi-circle and press it lightly to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more quesadillas.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.