Vegetarian Sushi with Peanut Wasabi Sauce ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20639 times
Let us borrow some ideas from japanese cuisine! this healthy version of sushi is loaded with paneer, spinach, carrots, baby corn, capsicum and cucumber. Really a vitamin and mineral rich treat! make sure you roll each spinach leaf carefully so that it doesn’t break.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 3 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate till use.
- Combine the paneer, ginger-green chilli paste milk and pepper in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Blanch the spinach leaves in hot water for a while and refresh them with cold water.
- Pat dry each spinach leaf with a tissue or a thin soft cloth.
- Place a butter paper on a dry, flat surface and arrange the leaves such that they overlap each other.
- Spread the paneer mixture on the spinach leaves evenly, leaving a gap of ½” from all the sides.
- Place the vegetables at the tapering end of the spinach leaves and sprinkle salt and green chillies over it.
- Start rolling the butter paper, gently pressing it to compress the arrangements.
- As you roll the butter paper, gradually unwrap it simultaneously to expose the spinach leaves.
- Once the sushi has been rolled, use a sharp knife to slice the sushi into rings of ½” width.
- Serve immediately with peanut wasabi sauce.
Nutrient values Per Piece
|Energy|| 35 calories|
|Protein|| 2.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 5.0 gm|
|Fat|| 0.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.2 gm|
|Calcium|| 83.7 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.