Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12003 times
Vegetarian spring rolls is a Chinese style prepared fried roll recipe with a sweet and spicy vegetable filling encased in a crispy fried maida roll.
- Cut the tofu, mushrooms, beans, celery & carrot into large julienne slices.
- Chop the green onions. set aside.
- Put the 3 tbsp vegetable oil into a wok over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, stir-fry the garlic until it begins to brown.
- Add the soy sauce, tofu & all the vegetables except the green onions.
- Stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off & add the green onions.
- Separate the roll wrappers.
- Place the wrapper with the narrow side facing you.
- Place a scant ¼ cup filling about 1/3 of the way over from the closest edge. fold the closest edge to you over the filling, fold over the left & right edges & then roll. seal the end using just a touch of water.
- Place the finished roll seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a wok until hot. deep-fry the rolls on each side until golden.
- Drain & serve hot with cucumber pickle.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.