Vegetables In Hot Garlic Sauce ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 594 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 133795 times
Vegetables in hot garlic sauce, if you want to try something different and go beyond manchurian gravy or sweet and sour vegetables, this recipe is a spicier version that your guests will enjoy! it is also healthier and much more flavorful than a manchurian. Rich flavors of ginger and garlic is what makes this gravy super-delicious, so try to use fresh ginger and garlic while cooking! vegetables are cooked in the ginger-garlic rich sauce, with a good measure of tomato ketchup and soya sauce. It is fiery, tangy and saucy making your chinese meal extra delicious.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve immediately with fried rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.