Vegetable kofta curry
by Anupama Murali
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22360 times
Can do variations in combination of vegetables.
potato - 1
carrot - 1
beetroot - 1/3
muli/radish - 1/2
turnip - 1/2
bottle gourd - 1 lengthy slice
onions - 2 medium size ground into paste
tomatoes - 2 pureed
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
dhaniya powder - 1 1/2 tsp
red chilly powder - 1 1/2 tsp
besan 1 tblsp
cinnamon - 1 inch stick
cloves - 4
cardamon - 1
bay leaf - 1 small
saunf - 1 tsp
black jeera - 1 tsp
salt to taste
oil for frying
- 1. grate all the vegetables.
- 2. add little salt and keep aside for 10 mins.
- 3. squeeze out the water from the grated vegetables and keep the water aside.
- 4. to the grated vegies add 1/2 tsp dhaniya powder, 1/2 tsp red chilly powder, besan, salt and mix well.
- 5. in a kadai, heat oil for deep frying.
- 6. make small balls of the mixture and deep fry them till golden brown.
- 7. in a sauce pan, heat little oil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf,saunf, jeera and let it crackle.
- 8. add onion paste a saute till the raw smell disappears.
- 9. add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins.
- 10. add pureed tomato and cook till the oil seperates.
- 11. add the water squeezed out of grated vegetables and cook for few mins.
- 11. add red chilly powder, salt, dhaniya powder, and cook for 2 mins.
- 12. add the fried koftas and simmer it for 5 mins.
- Take of the heat, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with, pulav, ghee rice, roti, parata....
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.