Vegetable and Basil Soup ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29349 times
Brimful with the goodness of vegetables, this soup has the added value of basil’s flavour and medicinal value too. Garnish this pasta-based soup with cheese and parsley, and immerse yourself in its unique flavour. Remember to add thinned spaghetti as it tastes better and cooks faster.
Also note that the vegetable stock can be prepared in bulk and stored in refrigerator, to be used later to whip up soups, gravies etc instantly – you can use veggies of your choice for the stock. With only 89 calories per serving, this is a delight for the weight-watcher too!
Add your private note
Vegetable and Basil Soup ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe ) recipe - How to make Vegetable and Basil Soup ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Blend the basil leaves with ¼ cup of water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions, french beans, carrots and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spaghetti and vegetable stock, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cabbage, mix well and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the basil paste, salt and pepper and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese and parsley.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 89 calories|
|Protein|| 2.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 12.2 gm|
|Fat|| 3.3 gm|
|Calcium|| 61.3 mg|
|Folic acid|| 19.7 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.