Vegetable Shikampuri Kebab ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 124 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36691 times
Perfect choice for a grand garden party, especially on a pleasant winter’s day, the Vegetable Shikampuri Kebab will pamper the diners and make them feel like kings and queens. Yes, that is how luxurious this kebab is. Although cooked simply on a tava with just a little oil, it still emanates a very rich feeling due to the combination of coarsely mashed veggies with khoya, paneer, browned onions and an assortment of flavour enhancers like mint, coriander, spice powders, pastes and aromatic whole spices too.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the onions turn light brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Combine the mixed vegetables and potatoes in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in another broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and prepared vegetable mixture and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuosly.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the khoya, paneer, browned onions, bread crumbs, cardamom powder and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into 75 mm. (3”) oval kebab.
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Cook each kebab on the tava, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.