Vegetable Paratha, Mixed Vegetable Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 679 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86392 times
This is quite a favourite dish with all Indians, and you just need to try it once to find out why! The goodness of mixed veggies in the succulent stuffing makes the Vegetable Paratha really satiating, while a dash of everyday spice powders makes it fabulously tasty.
A mix of plain flour and whole wheat flour is used to give the parathas a perfect texture and also to ensure that it is easy to roll. If this mix is not proper, parathas could end up chewy or too tough. The best part about the Mixed Vegetable Paratha is that it is made of everyday ingredients, so you can make it any time you want.
And no need to fret if you do not have any of these veggies in your fridge, just throw in whatever you have, it will be tasty no matter what!
These parathas can be served for Breakfast as well as a one dish meal .
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¾ cup plain flour (maida)
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions (whites and greens)
- ½ cup finely chopped french beans
- ¼ cup finely chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Salt to taste
- Plain flour (maida) for rolling
- Oil for cooking
- Curds (dahi)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.