Vegetable Manchurian ( Easy Chinese Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1401 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1489430 times
This ever popular chinese dish is really easy to make. When you eat these deep fried vegetable balls in a soya sauce based gravy, do not let mundane things like the weighing scale bother you! just dig into these deep fried delights and enjoy!
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, cornflour, plain flour, garlic, green chilli, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Shape spoonfuls of the mixture into small balls.
- Deep fry a few balls at a time in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the stock, soya sauce, cornflour paste, sugar and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
- Just before serving, put the vegetable balls in the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.