Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13968 times
The delicious and yummy classic italian recipe of lasagna made with different types of vegetables.
- Utensils required:
- Knife (you''''ll need help from your adult assistant.)
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Stove (you''''ll need help from your adult assistant.)
- Two 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan
- 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan
- Large skillet (you''''ll need help from your adult assistant.)
- Food processor (you''''ll need help from your adult assistant.)
- Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 200 calories
- 16 g protein
- 7 g fat
- 3 g sat. fat
- 18 g carbohydrate
- 3 g fiber
- 792 mg sodium
- 263 mg calcium
- 2 mg iron
- Note: nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
- Variations and suggestions:
- Add other vegetables to the sauce, such as onions and red pepper. have it for dinner tonight and freeze the leftovers for another night.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit (218 degrees celsius).
- Coat two baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut all squash and zucchini lengthwise in half.
- Then, cut each half lengthwise into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread squash and zucchini on pans in single layer and season with italian seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning over once halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and set aside. reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees fahrenheit (190 degrees celsius).
- In a large skillet, heat pasta sauce over medium-high heat. mix trimmed spinach into the pasta sauce.
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, basil, egg yolks, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Blend until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Assembly: sprinkle 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs over the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with half of the zucchini and squash slices.
- Next, spread cottage cheese mixture over the squash and zucchini slices. sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
- Top with remaining zucchini slices. sprinkle with the remain
- Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit (190 degrees celsius) for approximately 35 minutes.
- Cheese should be browned and bubbling. let stand for 10 to 25 minutes before serving.
This recipe was contributed by sukirtisoni on 26 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.