Vegetable Korma ( How To Make Veg Korma)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 271596 times
Vegetable korma is a dish that is available all over india, but it is very interesting to note how the seasonings and flavourings change from region to region. Here is the south indian version of korma that makes an excellent ‘masaledar’ side dish for rice, puris, appam, etc.
- Heat a small pan, add all the ingredients and dry roast them on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till they release flavour, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- When cool, blend in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Combine all the vegetables in a deep pan, add ¾ cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame till they are cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and the dry powder masala and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once in between.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan, add the bayleaves and sauté for a second.
- Pour the tempering over the korma and mix gently.
- Serve hot with aappam.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.