Vegetable Hyderabadi Biryani
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 248568 times
An amazingly flavorsome biryani rice recipe, vegetable hyderabadi biryani with chopped vegetables and spices is a great way to show your culinary skills to your family and guests. Topped with dried fruits and slice onion, vegetable hyderabadi biryani takes you on a gastronomical trip.
Add your private note
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: 1 hrs  & nbsp
Makes 4 servings
- Cook the rice such that each grain of the rice is separate.
- Add the saffron milk mixture to the rice and mix well.
- Divide the rice into two equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the onion slices till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same oil, deep fry the cashewnuts, almonds and raisins till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat half the ghee in a deep pan, add the cloves, cardamom and bayleaf and saute on a high flame for a second.
- Add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and saute till onions turn transculent.
- Add the mint paste, coriander paste, biryani masala, salt, all the vegetables, cream and remaining milk.
- Cook on medium flame till all the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from the flame, cool it on room temperaure add the beaten curds and mix well.
- Divide the gravy into two equal portion and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in the deep vessel, sprinkle little fried onions, than spread the one portion gravy and top with rice.
- Repeat the same process and rice should be on top.
- Spread fried onions, cahewnuts, raisins, almonds and coriander evenly on the top of the rice.
- Cover the vessel with the lid and seal it with the dough and allow to dum for half an hour.
- Serve hot with raita.
This recipe was contributed by anu_bunny on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.