Vegetable Grill Sandwich ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 195755 times
Vegetable grill sandwiches, one sandwich is definitely enough to feed two hungry mouths! what more can you ask for than a double-decker sandwich made of three triangular slices of bread piled with veggies? stalls near colleges grill at least 15 to 20 sandwiches before the lunch break, and they vanish within seconds!
- Apply 1 tsp of butter and ½ tsp of green chutney on each slice and keep aside.
- Place a slice of bread, with the buttered side facing upwards, on a clean flat surface.
- Arrange 1/4 of the cucumber slices and sprinkle ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
- Spread ½ of the potatoes, evenly and sprinkle ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
- Arrange 1/4 of the onion slices and sprinkle ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
- Place another slice of bread (with the buttered side facing downwards) and arrange ½ of the capsicum slices and ½ of the tomato slices evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it and place one more slice of bread (with the buttered side facing downwards) and press it lightly.
- Place it in a greased grill sandwich toaster and cook using 2 tsp butter, till it turns brown and crisp on both the sides (refer handy tip, page 55).
- Remove and cut into 8 pieces, place it on a plate and apply ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more plates.
- Cheese/ paneer grill sandwich: simply put ½ cup of grated cheese/ paneer over the onion slices (after step 5 in the above recipe) and follow the remaining procedure as above. Just before serving, sprinkle some more grated cheese/ paneer over the pieces and serve immediately.
- Jain vegetable grill sandwich: to make a jain version, replace onions and potatoes with generous amounts of cucumber and tomatoes in the above recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.