Vegetable Dum Biryani
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123913 times
Discover an easy and tasty vegetable dum biryani recipe for your family and guests.
- Clean and wash the rice.
- In a large pan, add 3 cups of boiling water to the rice with clove, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom and salt.
- Cover and simmer till the rice is nearly cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackles, add the onions, mix well and cook till the onion turns to golden brown in colour.
- Add all the vegetables, salt, grounded red masala and 1/2 cup water, mix well and simmer till the vegetables are 3/4 done.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- In a deep vessel, arrange the vegetable gravy on the base.
- Top with the rice and spread the curd masala over the rice.
- Spread the fried onions and cashewnuts evenly over the curd masala.
- Cover with a tight lid and keep the vessel on a tava and cook over a slow flame for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by anitarajesh on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.