Vegetable Cutlets, Mixed Veg Cutlets Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 233008 times
Vegetable cutlets,a great combination of vegetables and spices. . . It can be kept inside a burger bun or eaten as it is with tomato ketchup. . .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the potatoes, french beans, carrots and cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water (approx. 2 tbsp) to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and plain flour, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher.
- Remove from the flame, transfer the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat oval.
- Dip each cutlet in the prepared plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.