Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 287 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17967 times
A fine combination of spicy curry and delicately flavoured rice. Serve in the traditional way with fried "papad", sweet pickle and chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Cut all vegetables (except green peas) into small pieces.
- Boil all the vegetables except tomatoes.
- Grate the coconut. Add 2 teacups of hot water and allow to stand for a little while. Blend it in a liquidiser and strain or pass through a sieve at east twice to take out thick coconut milk.
- Heat the ghee in a big vessel and fry the paste for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and curry leaves and fry again for 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, coconut milk and salt and boil for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut rice or with bread.
- Cut the onions in slices.
- Take out coconut milk in the same way as mentioned above for the curry.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
- Add the cinnamon and cloves and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, coconut milk and salt. Cover and cook slowly until the rice is cooked. If any extra liquid is required, add water to the rice.
- Serve hot with any curry.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.