Vegetable Cup Cakes with Coconut Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9224 times
A wholesome combination of rice and veggies spiked up with sesame and other spices, this is actually a meal by itself when served with coconut sauce. By baking it in cupcake moulds lined with tomato and capsicum slices, the visual appeal is greatly enhanced and it also becomes easy to serve, making it ideal for parties.
- Grease 6 muffins moulds and keep aside.
- Mix the raw banans, vegetables, rice and corn. Add the paste 1 and salt and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, add half the mustard seeds and fry until they begin to crackle. Add 2 tsp sesame seeds and half the cashewnuts and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Arrange 1 tomato and 1 capsicum slice at the bottom of each of the four greased muffin moulds.
- Fill the mould with the vegetable mixture. Cover and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- When you want to serve, unmould the cup cakes on individual serving plates.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the remaining mustard seeds and fry until they begin to crackle. Add the asafoetida and the remaining sesame seeds and cashewnuts and fry for a few seconds. Pour this mixture over the vegetable cup cakes.
- Add 1½ cups of water to the grated coconut and blend in a mixture. Strain and squeeze out the coconut milk.
- Heat the oil and fry the cumin seeds until they begin to crackle. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and fry again for 1 minute. Add the paste 2 and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with the vegetable cup cakes.
- If you do not have muffin moulds, you can use a big cake tin or big ring mould and cut into individual portions after it is baked.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.